In order to track which quests are completed or in progress (and at what stage they are), a journal is needed. Each quest has a preset number of stages and each action (entering an area, choosing a dialogue option, etc.) can lead to the next one (non-linear quests are supported). Interface used for managing quests and choosing active one is planned.
As selling your
trash precious treasures is a valid way of getting money, I’ve added options that allow you to sell and buy certain items from an NPC.
It’s a rather technical change and a slight visual upgrade. Map is now paper based, has colors, will have text when zoomed out, and each icon on the map is a separate object that allows me to edit the gameworld and move stuff around on the map as well without editing the source texture.
- Flying text when receiving, picking up, dropping, or having an item removed. Looks cool!
- Added a better texture for Hotkey buttons at the bottom-right, as well as added support for 4 more.
- There’s now background behind text when talking to an NPC, provides more clarity.
- Changed EXP counter to radial, its background to darker, and its color to green-ish – still temporary.
- Minimap and quest log mentioned earlier.